Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Endurance

So, this is how my journey began, well this is about day 5. Notice the swelling on the right foot? This was almost gone by the next morning! (Prayers pay off, my friends!)

Day 8- the start of peeling off all of the blisters. YUCK! Oh, and OUCH!

Day 12- starting to get new skin!

Day 15-this is my inside ankle. Note the distinct lines- these are the top of my shoe to the top of my sock!

Day 15- Yes, I repainted my toenails! Details!

Day 17- A little more progress...

Day 23- and a little more progress! This is the day I actually walked into the physical therapist's office. The day before I was still totally dependant on crutches! About 5:00 that night I suddenly thought "I think I can walk." And so I did. If it were always just that simple!

So, I feel so extremely blessed by the rate of healing in which I've experienced during this little trial. I have no doubts that prayer is what has made the difference, mine as well as those around me. I truly thank you from the bottom of my heart! There were several times I said to my Heavenly Father, "Okay, I need a little help enduring here! If you could just help me feel a little less pain.." or " ..if you could help bring down the swelling..." or "...please, I really don't want to end up in surgery!" (Wimp, I know!) All answered!
I have a friend who not too long ago had a scare with melanoma that left her with a good sized scar on her arm. When I see that scar I think of tatoos- those that people purposely get- that say something that means something to them. To me her's says " survivor" and she earned that sucker! I have no doubt that my feet, particularly my ankle, is going to leave me a doozy of a scar. I think mine will read "endurance". I will wear it proudly and will never forget that I too earned every inch of it!