Tuesday, December 14, 2010

For the birds...

One day Aliya was standing by the open front door looking outside and jabbering away about something.  Finally she came and grabbed me by the hand and said, "come 'ere, Mom, 'ook, a chicken.  A chicken, Mom."  This is what she saw...
A Downey Woodpecker
A Nuthatch

This would be my favorite thing to take pictures of, that is any kind of wildlife.  What makes these bird pictures especially easy is that I have trees within 5 feet of my upstairs bedroom window, and the screen is conveniently missing as well!

2 comments:

Nick and Haley said...

Love the pics! I need you to take some pictures of Nick, Sadie, and I sometime. I will call you!

Sister Savanah Jo Ward said...

Any time! And can anyone explain to me why my background isn't showing up? It's really cute, I promise!