Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Camp out

The boys riding the four-wheeler on the ranch. Darin and I took Joshua out for a ride earlier and we came upon a bunch of cows hidden in the trees. I said, "Josh, I see a critter! What is it!" He said, "Oh, my gosh, I sthink it's elephants! No.........it's not bears..........oh, it's just cows." Huge sigh of disappointment followed.

There are naughty stools in the woods too!

Sleeping beauty.......this after Mom gave her a Benadryl in the middle of the night so she would quit listening for bears!

Just cute!

This was our first return to Island Park and the scene of "the crime" (Joshua's accident). The whole way up all I could see was what it had looked screaming down that hill 100mph in an ambulance. When we got there, the first one's thank goodness, I bawled for about 20 minutes and then I was fine. Grandpa asked Joshua later about last time he was there and he told him all about it, so he remembered quite well where he was. Thank goodness it didn't seem to bother him a bit. It was so much fun, and as usual it was hard to come back home.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Oh my goodness! Your kids are sooo big! I didn't even recognize it was Savannah (did I spell it right?) sleeping there. Cute family, we miss you guys!

Daniel, Kari and Co. said...

Joshy seems soooo abashed in the "naughty seat." Glad you made it through with no mishaps this year and went home with great memories.